For a project with our client 1010data we are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer with Python.
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; they power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data. With more than 30 trillion rows of data in the private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
About the role:
1010data is looking for an expert developer who is skilled in Python. Senior Software Development Engineer will continue to build applications based on 1010data's distributed systems. These systems manage massive volumes of data; this role will create new services, enhance existing processes, and identify and remediate bottlenecks in applications built on top of our distributed systems when pushed to scale.
You will ensure that you produce robust, secure, modular, and maintainable code. You will coordinate with other team members, including data scientists, data engineers, full-stack developers, and UX/UI designers. Your commitment to team collaboration, perfect communication, and a quality product is crucial.
What you will take on:
- Build beautiful visualization applications on top of 1010data’s distributed system;
- Build and Maintain micro-services based on Python;
- Integrating front-end components into applications;
- Participate in design and development of Robust API’s;
- Configure the Launcher and Explorer server to use FastAPI instead;
- Use databases such as 1010data's database, Redis, Postgres;
- Work closely with the data scientist, data engineers, software engineers, quality assurance, documentation, and product teams;
- Respond to bug reports and feature requests from our product, customer experience, data scientists, and data engineering teams.
What you already have:
- Highly proficient with Python3 and deep understanding of asyncio;
- Strong understanding of Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with Python frameworks – FastAPI, Flask;
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling, and software architecture;
- Ability to write robust code in Python;
- Strong understanding and appreciation for BigData;
- Interest and willingness to quickly pick up new programming languages;
- Experience with Apache Airflow is a Plus.
In exchange for your skills we offer:
- Friendly work atmosphere, in a young and international team;
- Dog-friendly office in the center of historical Kraków;
- Attractive compensation and benefits incl MultiSports, Generali, Luxmed,... ;
- Sport and other events, including, weekly running, squash, teamlunch;
- Free tea, coffee, and all-you-can-eat fruits in the office.
As the client is based in the US, there will be some alignment with the EST timezone.