For a project with our client 1010data we are looking for several Software Data Engineers
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; they power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data. With more than 30 trillion rows of data in private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
As a Data Engineer at 1010data, you will design, build, maintain and optimize large-scale automated ELT processes. You will work closely with our data scientists and analysts to create efficient and reliable jobs that support 1010data's data products and our clients' data warehousing needs. Your toolbox: industry-standard data orchestration tools including Apache Airflow; proprietary scheduling and automation tools; proprietary query transformation language and your own Python and ELT design skills. As we incorporate more cloud technologies into our processes, you will be at the forefront of exploring and defining best practices, and helping us transition our products to be more scalable.
What you will take on:
- Coordinating with the systems, core, data science, and analytics teams to build and maintain data products and custom solutions for our clients
- Designing and writing automated scripts to preprocess terabytes of data from our partners/clients
- Designing and writing new enterprise-scale ELT/ETL workflows from scratch in Python using Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, etc.
- Ensuring quality, reliability and uptime for critical automated processes
- Migrating our products and ELT/ETL processes into the cloud while drastically reducing our in-house data center footprint
What you will bring:
- At least 1-2 years of professional experience programming in Python
- Exposure to ETL/ELT pipeline automation
- Exposure to basic database concepts
- Good understanding of Data Engineering, NoSQL databases and database design, distributed systems and/or information retrieval
- Experience with Airflow and Cloud Technologies
- Familiarity with functional/vector programming
- Experience with organising data and creating efficient data transformation process for optimised client data analysis
- Strong communication skills, ability to work seamlessly with team members with different areas of technical expertise.
- STEM Bachelor’s preferred, Masters degree or Math/Statistics background is a big plus
- Data Engineering Bootcamp or equivalent
In exchange for your skills we offer:
- Friendly work atmosphere, in a young and international team;
- Dog-friendly office in the center of historical Kraków;
- Attractive compensation and benefits incl MultiSports, Generali, Luxmed,... ;
- Sport and other events, including, weekly running, squash, teamlunch;
- Free tea, coffee and all-you-can-eat fruits in the office.
As the client is based in US, there will be some alignment with the EST-timezone.