For a project with our client 1010data, we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer for the NOC.
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; they power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data. 1010data is defining the way the world interacts with data. With more than 30 trillion rows of data in the private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer to help support the Network Operations Center, 1010data’s platform in the cloud and datacenter. As a 1010data engineer, you will be adept at finding the right technology balance to solve problems quickly and efficiently, while creating a maintainable environment that can evolve as technologies change. This role is highly independent so you should have the mindset of working towards goals vs. just following instructions. If you have a passion for high-performance computing, then you will be instrumental in building tools to manage a highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis. 1010data’s production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies crucial.
- Provide monitoring and support of all company server infrastructure, network, and platform applications.
- Supporting cloud (AWS and Azure) environments.
- Supporting datacenter environments (Dell, VMWare).
- Testing and performing change requests.
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 troubleshooting.
- Collaborating with other Engineers.
- Reporting on Risks, Incidents, and Identifying and documenting Root Cause.
- Developing and Maintaining DevOps CI/CD Pipelines.
- Be part of a 24/7/365 team to support the environment, which will include nightshifts.
Skills / Experience Required:
- 1 - 2 years of NOC and DevOps experience.
- Understanding software development (C, Python, web, etc.)
- Some background with Linux internals.
- Public cloud infrastructure (Azure and AWS) is a plus.
- Knowledge of Systems and Network Infrastructure and experience troubleshooting problems.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Zabbix. Familiarity with Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence.
- Experience with OS-level network configuration and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of web applications, networks, protocols, and infrastructure hardware.
- Experience dealing with technical end-users in a support role.
- Experience configuring and maintaining common Linux systems and Windows-based applications.
- Experience with Change Management and Change Control.
- Experience working with version control systems (SVN, Git).
- Ability to communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills.
- Ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments.
In exchange for your skills we offer:
- Friendly work atmosphere, in a young and international team;
- Dog-friendly office in the center of historical Kraków;
- Attractive compensation and benefits incl MultiSports, Generali, Luxmed,... ;
- Sport and other events, including, weekly running, squash, teamlunch;
- Free tea, coffee, and all-you-can-eat fruits in the office.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, or other related fields.